Creative Biomart is committed to providing advanced tools for protein expression and purification. As a leading supplier for reagents in the biotechnology field, we understand the importance of convenient and easy-to-use systems for high level expression and sample purification. We invite you to review our growing range of expression systems resulting from our experience in cloning, overexpression and purification.
At Creative Biomart, we have pioneered the development of high quality antibody and protein array technology to efficiently analyze the concurrent expression and function of hundreds of proteins involved in inflammation, angiogenesis, apoptosis, cell growth, and signal transduction from a single biological sample.
Besides the up- and down regulation of specific proteins, a change in the repertoire or the expression level of autoimmune antibodies can also play an important role in the pathogenesis of diseases. A recently developed and already widely used method to analyse these shiftings is the protein microarray approach. This technique allows a fast simultaneous screening of scores of patients' samples for differences in specific antibody or antigen patterns by visualization of antibody-antigen or protein-protein interactions on small spotted slides.
Our scientists excel in creating cutting-edge technologies for protein arrays: antibody arrays, protein and peptide arrays, and even reverse-phase protein arrays.
Description and Background
Protein microarrays represent miniaturized solid-phase affinity binding assays employing short peptides, whole proteins (recombinant or natural), antibodies, cell lysates or whole cells printed onto suitable microarray substrates such as coated glass microscopy slides, membranes or plastic devices. Tens, hundreds or thousands of proteins can be arrayed onto a solid surface to create discrete micro-reaction sites (features) and to perform multiple assays in parallel using small reaction volumes.
After applying suitable labels (e.g. fluorescence) to samples of interest (such as antibodies, proteins or serum) and incubation of the samples on compatible protein microarrays, binding events at individual features can be determined by measuring the amount of fluorescence label retained on each spot.
Typical protein microarray applications include
- antibody-profiling on cell lysate arrays, protein and peptide arrays;
- protein expression profiling on low-, moderate- or high-density antibody arrays;
- biomarker validation in reverse phase cell lysate arrays;
- drug selectivity profiling and functional characterization of polymorphic protein variants (Pharmacoproteomics).
The service provides the following package:
- Protein arrays: Arrays of purified proteins in recombinant or natural form for protein-protein, protein-antibody or protein-molecule interaction;
- Protein array printing: Custom printing of purified native or recombinant proteins in custom array formats on a standard high-throughput QArray2 (Genetix) contact printer;
- Microarray hybridization: Standard protein hybridizations done in an automated processing and incubation station (Tecan HS 4800) in single, dual or quad format;
- Scanning: All scanning done in 4u microarray reader compatible with most existing microarray designs and formats as well as with arrays printed in 96 MTP formats.