|Cat.No.:||Tetanus Toxin C-226|
|Product Overview:||Tetanus Toxin C-Fragment with FITC Conjugated was purified from Clostridium tetani.|
|Description:||Tetanus toxin is a potent neurotoxin that is taken up by presynaptic terminals at the neuromuscular junction, travels retrogradely within motor neurons and is transported transsynaptically to spinal cord interneurons. Upon entering the motor neuron, tetanus toxin associates with lipid rafts, is incorporated into non-acidified vesicles, sorted in a Rab 5/7 dependent pathway and transported to the cell body. The tetanus toxin is trancytosed so that it enters upstream inhibitory neurons where it cleaves VAMP-2, inhibiting neurotransmitter release. Tetanus toxin inhibits neurotransmitter release with great potency and selectivity, cleaving a bond in vesicle-associated membrane protein-2 (VAMP-2) or synaptobrevin-2, thereby preventing the fusion of synaptic vesicles with the presynaptic membrane. Tetanus toxoid is currently used as a vaccine to produce immunity to tetanus, the disease caused by Clostridium tetani. Additionally, tetanus toxoid functions as a carrier of conjugated polysaccharides in the development of vaccines against encapsulated bacterial pathogens.|
|Form:||When reconstituted with 0.1 ml of sterile water, each vial contains 10 ug of protein in 0.01 M sodium phosphate, pH 7.5.|
The C-fragment comprises the binding portion of intact tetanus toxin and is considered to be nontoxic. However, since the lethal dose of tetanus toxin in humans is < 2.5 ng/kg, contamination of this product with less than 0.1 % intact toxin could provide enough toxin to cause death in a nonvaccinated person. Use this product with the assumption that a small amount of contamination by intact tetanus toxin is present. See handling precautions on reverse side.
|Storage:||This product is provided as a lyophilized powder that has been sealed under vacuum. Store at 4 centigrade prior to and following reconstitution. This product is light sensitive.|
|Warning:||Good laboratory technique should be employed in the safe handling of this product. This requlres observing the following practices:
1. Persons handling this product and contaminated glassware should consult the current version of the Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories.
2. This product is to be used by skilled personnel under the direction of a principal investigator in a laboratory setting only.
3. Wear appropriate laboratory attire including a lab coat, gloves and safety glasses.
4. Never remove the stopper prior to reconstitution and never work with the product in the powdered form. Always reconstitute it first.
5. Do not mouth pipette, inhale, ingest or allow to come into contact with open wounds. Wash thoroughly any area of the body which comes into contact with the product.
6. Avoid accidental autoinoculation by exercising extreme care when handling in conjunction with any injection device.
7. This product is intended for research purposes by qualified personnel only. It is not intended for use in humans or as a diagnostic agent. Our company is not liable for any damages resulting from the misuse or handling of this product.
Price does not include shipping and packaging costs.Request quote for final price.