|Product Overview:||Anthrax Protective antigen(PA 63) conjugated with FITC was expressed in B. anthracis.|
|Description:||FITC is prepared by conjugating anthrax protective antigen to fluorescein isothiocyanate, isomer I (FITC) by a modification of the method of Wood et al. PA has been trypsin activated and the PA63 conjugate to FITC has been purified.|
|Form:||When reconstituted with 0.2 ml of sterile water, each vial contains 50 ug of protein in 10 mM bis-Tris propane, pH 8.5 with 1.25% trehalose.|
|Molecular Mass:||When examined on 4-15 % polyacrylamide gels in the presence of SDS, this preparation migrates as a single major band with an apparent molecular weight of 63 kDa. Several faster migrating minor components are also apparent, and may represent fragments of the protective antigen.|
|Notes:||Binding Ratio: This lot contains 21 ug of FITC bound per mg of PA 63 fragment of anthrax protective antigen, assuming an extinction coefficient at 493 nm of 85,200 M-1 cm- 1 for FITC.|
|Storage:||This product is packaged aseptically, lyophilized and sealed under vacuum. Store at 2-8 centigrade prior to reconstitution.|
|Reconstitution:||Anthrax toxin proteins may be reconstituted in sterile distilled water, stored at 4 centigrade and used successfully within a few hours. However, over longer periods of time, there may be a decline in the PA binding. If it is necessary to store this material, reconstitute it at a concentration of 1 mg/ml. 2 Reconstitution with 1 mg/ml BSA may enhance stability and recovery. It is further recommended that the solution is aliquoted and frozen at either -20 centigrade or -70 centigrade. After the protein has been reconstituted as described above, glycerol may be added to 50% if a liquld is desired at freezer temperatures. Storage of material reconstituted in BSA at 4 centigrade for a period of two weeks may be acceptable for some applications.|
|Warning:||Good laboratory technique should be employed in the safe handling of this product. This requlres observing the following practices:
1. This product is to be used by skilled personnel under the direction of a principal investigator in a laboratory setting only.
2. Wear appropriate laboratory attire including a lab coat, gloves and safety glasses.
3. Never remove the stopper prior to reconstitution and never work with the product in the powdered form. Always reconstitute it first.
4. Do not mouth pipette, inhale, ingest or allow to come into contact with open wounds. Wash thoroughly any area of the body which comes into contact with the product.
5. Avoid accidental autoinoculation by exercising extreme care when handling in conjunction with any injection device.
6. This product is intended for research purposes by qualified personnel only. It is not intended for use in humans or as a diagnostic agent. Our company is not liable for any damages resulting from the misuse or handling of this product.
Price does not include shipping and packaging costs.Request quote for final price.