|Product Overview:||Recombinant Botulinum Neurotoxin Type E Light Chain(1 - 436 aa) was expressed in E. coli.|
|Description:||The protein was recombinantly expressed in E. coli and purified using affinity chromatography. The affinity tag has been cleaved off of the protein prior to quantitation and packaging.|
|Form:||Each vial of recombinant light chain from botulinum neurotoxin type E contains 10 ug of lyophilized protein. When reconstituted with 65 ul of sterile distilled water, each vial contains 10 pg of light chain in 20 mM HEPES, pH 7 A, 1.25% lactose, and 50 mM NaCL. The pH 7.4 HEPES buffer was obtained by titrating the free acid form of HEPES with th potassium salt form of HEPES. In order to ensure stability during storage and recovery of the protein 0.05% TWEEN-20 or 1 mg/ml BSA must be included in the reconstitution buffer.|
|Bio-activity:||The recombinant light chain from botulinum neurotoxin type E has been tested for activity in a FRET based assay. When using SNAP Etide substrate, significant cleavage can be detected at 0.125 nM concentration of LcE protein.|
|Molecular Mass:||The light chain E fragment contains amino acids 1-411 of the full length botulinum neurotoxin type E. It also contains eight residual amino acids from the affinity tag at the N-terminus to give a total length of 419 amino acids. Based on the amino acid sequence, the molecular weight of the protein is approximately 47.8 kDa.|
|Notes:||Toxicity: The light chain of Botulinum neurotoxin is non-toxic and unable to penetrate cells in the absence of the heavy chain. The expression and purification of light chain from a recombinant setting ensures there is no possible contamination with heavy chain or full length intact toxin.|
|Storage:||This product is supplied as a lyophilized powder which has been stoppered under vacuum. Reconstitution of the powder should be done with syringe through the rubber stopper to avoid any loss of material. Store lyophilized vials at 4 centigrade. Once dissolved, aliquot and store at -20 centigrade. Refrain from multiple freeze/thaw cycles.|
|Warning:||Good laboratory technique should be employed in the safe handling of this product. This requlres observing the following practices:
1. This product is to be used by skilled personnel under the direction of a principal investigator in a laboratory setting only.
2. Wear appropriate laboratory attire including a lab coat, gloves and safety glasses.
3. Never remove the stopper prior to reconstitution and never work with the product in the powdered form. Always reconstitute it first.
4. Do not mouth pipette, inhale, ingest or allow to come into contact with open wounds. Wash thoroughly any area of the body which comes into contact with the product.
5. Avoid accidental autoinoculation by exercising extreme care when handling in conjunction with any injection device.
6. This product is intended for research purposes by qualified personnel only. It is not intended for use in humans or as a diagnostic agent. Our company is not liable for any damages resulting from the misuse or handling of this product.
Price does not include shipping and packaging costs.Request quote for final price.