As a leading supplier for reagents in the biotechnology field, we understand the importance of convenient and easy-to-use systems for high level expression and sample purification. Creative BioMart has developed cell-free expression systems to meet the increasing demands for protein synthesis.
In vitro expression systems use an efficient coupled transcription and translation reaction to produce high yields of full-length, functional protein in both Prokaryotic system and Eukaryotic system. The time-consuming steps of cell-based protein production have been eliminated; now, in only two hours, we can produce protein starting from plasmid or linear DNA.
Prokaryotic system: E.coli Lysates
Eukaryotic system: Rabbit Reticulocyte Lysates, Wheat Germ system.
Two basic components are needed to accomplish cell-free protein expression: (1) the genetic template (mRNA or DNA) encoding the target protein and (2) a reaction solution containing the necessary transcriptional and translational molecular machinery. Cell extracts supply all or most of the molecules of the reaction solution, including:
- RNA polymerases for mRNA transcription.
- Ribosomes for polypeptide translation.
- tRNA and amino acids.
- Enzymatic cofactors and an energy source.
- Cellular components essential for proper pro tein folding.
Applications for which cell-free protein expression are ideal:
- Experiments to characterize protein-protein interactions and protein-nucleic acid interactions
- Rapid and high-throughput expression of mutant or truncated proteins for functional analysis
- Expression of mammalian proteins with proper glycosylation and native post-translational modifications (PTM)
- Labeling of proteins with stable isotopes for structural analysis
- Production of functional virons or toxic polypeptides
- Analysis of components required for protein folding, protein stability or protein degradation