Site-Saturation Mutagenesis Service at Creative BioMart systematically replaces WT amino acid coding sequences with all 19 non–wild type amino acids at the position(s) you specify. Well-known as sequential permutation, site-saturation mutagenesis in combination with a powerful screening assay is the most systematic mutation strategy to identify amino acid substitutions that fulfill your protein engineering goals .
Site-Saturation Mutagenesis Service
Creative BioMart offer several options for sequential permutation to fit a wide array of research needs. You can choose to create variants at one or more positions, and receive constructs individually or pooled. We can carry out:
- Variant constructs are subcloned into the vector of your choice.
- Constructs are sequence-verified .
- Pooled constructs are bulk-sequenced to verify mutation at the requested positions and the nonmutated regions intact.
- Delivery of all 19 non-WT variants at single or multiple site.
- Identify beneficial or detrimental amino acid substitutions.
- Increase affinity, specificity, activity, heat stability, detergent tolerance.
- Change substrate specificity
- Reduce homology between two related proteins (avoid IP issues).
- Identify active sites or receptor-binding sites.
To conclude, our main advantages:
- Unique control over mutational bias.
- Increased consecutive mutations leading to unexplored protein variants diversity.
- Systematic identification of beneficial amino acid substitutions—check every possible variant at each position.
- Simple and fast library generation.
- Extremely cost-efficient.