LectinsWhat are Lectins?
Lectins are carbohydrate-binding proteins that are highly specific for sugar groups that are part of other molecules, thus causing agglutination of particular cells or precipitation of glycoconjugates and polysaccharides.
Lectins have a role in recognition at the cellular and molecular level and play numerous roles in biological recognition phenomena involving cells, carbohydrates, and proteins. Lectins also mediate attachment and binding of bacteria, viruses, and fungi to their intended targets.Advantages of Lectins
- Diversity of action: Lectins can recognize and bind specific sugar molecules, with broad biological activity and specificity, and can be used for research in various fields such as molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, etc.
- Research convenience: Lectins are usually coupled with sugars and are relatively stable when the concentration is low enough. Their structure is also relatively stable, making them easy to extract, separate, and purify in experimental studies.
- High safety: Lectins come from nature and are safer compared to other artificially synthesized compounds or drugs, and are easy to synthesize and obtain.
Medical field: Lectins are important bioactive molecules that can recognize and bind different sugars and receptors, and have important applications in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, such as HIV, influenza, hepatitis B, and other infectious diseases.
Food industry: Lectins can be used as a food additive, such as in cheese, pancakes, sausages, and other foods. They can also be used to detect the presence of sulfuric acid in alcoholic beverages.
Biotechnology: Lectins can recognize and bind specific sugars on cell surface molecules, thereby expanding the application of cell recognition and microscopy technology and improving the accuracy of cell detection.
Advantages of our Lectins products:
- Multiple sources: bean lectins, adenosine binding lectins, and fungal lectins.
- High quality: strict preparation processes to ensure the purity and activity of the products.
- Excellent customer service
- Fast delivery
Lectins are biologically active molecules widely used in multiple fields, with various advantages and applications. Creative BioMart provides high-quality lectins products. Welcome to contact us for more information.
Contact us or send an email at for project quotations and more detailed information.