|Product Overview :||The Aflatoxin Rapid test kit is based on the specific immuno-chemical reactions between antigen and antibody. It relies on the competition between Aflatoxin residues in the sample and the Aflatoxin immobilized on T line of the membrane for Aflatoxin antibody-dyed conjugate. Since the drug is present in the sample, it will compete with the drug immobilized on T line for the limited amount of dye-antibody. As a sufficient amount of drug in the sample is present the drug will saturate the antibody. Consequently, it will show an extremely lighter T line, indicating a positive result. On the other hand, if there is a negative sample (or the amount of the residue drug is lower than the minimum detectable concentration), it will generate an obvious line on T section.|
|Description :||Aflatoxins are naturally occurring mycotoxins that are produced by Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus parasiticus, species of fungi. Aspergillus are common and widespread in nature. They can colonize and contaminate grain before harvest or during storage. Host crops are particularly susceptible to infection by Aspergillus following a prolonged exposure to a high-humidity environment. Aflatoxins (including AFB1, AFB2, AFG1, AFG2) are toxic and among the most carcinogenic substances known.|
|Characteristic :||The specificity of Aflatoxin Rapid test was determined by analyzing the cross-reactivity of the following chemicals.
Aflatoxin B1 100%
Aflatoxin B2 100%
Aflatoxin G1 100%
Aflatoxin G2 50%
|Kit Components :||1. Test cassette
|Compatible Sample Types :||Wheat; Corn; Feed|
|Features & Benefits :||• No instrumentation required
• High specificity
• High sensitivity
• Highly reproducibility
• Quick results
|Preparation :||A. Precaution
1. Open the package just before use to avoid the test cassette being damped.
2. Avoid touching the membrane in the cassette.
3. Every test cassette and dropper is single use only. Please do not reuse.
4. Please use 15 mL conical tube made of polypropylene to prevent corruption during procedures.
5. Store at 4~30°C. Do not freeze.
B. Sample preparation
Please read Precaution before use.
Wheat. Corn . Feed
1. Prepare sample extract buffer: 70% Methanol (V Methanol: V Deionized water = 7: 3)
2. Weigh 2 g of well homogeneous sample in a 15 mL conical tube.
3. Add 2mL of sample extract buffer, vortex for 5 min.
4. Centrifuge at 4000 rpm for 10 min at room temperature.
5. The upper phase is ready for assay.
|Assay Protocol :||1. Open a package and take out the test cassette.
2. Use the provided dropper to obtain the sample. Drop 2-3 drops (about 80 µL) in the Sample collect region (S).
Note: Do not drop the sample directly to the test result region. It will affect the result.
3. Wait for 8-10 min to read the result.
Note: Do not wait more than 15 min to read the result. Wrong Interpretation will be caused.
|Analysis :||1. Negative: T line is even or darker than C line.
2. Positive: T line is extremely lighter than C line.
3. Invalid test: If C line does not show it means the test cassette is out of efficacy, out of date or of improper operation. Please run the test again using another package. If the invalid tests keep happening, please contact us.