|Product Overview:||The Annexin V & Dead Cell Assay allows for the quantitative analysis of live cells, early & late apoptosis & cell death on both adherent & suspension cell lines on the Cell Analyzer.|
|Description:||The Annexin V & Dead Cell Assay allows for the quantitative analysis of live, early and late apoptosis, and cell death on both adherent and suspension cell lines on the Cell Analyzer. Minimal sample preparation is required in this no-wash, mix-and-read assay to obtain accurate and precise results. The software provides:
• Concentrations (cells/mL) for live, early apoptotic, late apoptotic, total apoptotic, and dead cells,
• Percentage of live, early apoptotic, late apoptotic, total apoptotic, and dead cells
The Annexin V & Dead Cell Assay is for use with the Cell Analyzer. The System makes sophisticated fluorescent-based analysis fast, easy, convenient, and affordable. Sample preparation is minimal, and after loading samples onto Cell Analyzer, intuitive software provides detailed or summary analysis of your cell sample in a few short steps. Sufficient reagent is provided for the preparation and analysis of 100 tests.
|Storage:||Store the Annexin V & Dead Cell Kit at 2 to 8°C, protected from light.|
|Synonyms:||Annexin V & Dead Cell Assay|
|Kit Components:||Annexin V & Dead Cell Reagent|
|Materials Required but Not Supplied:||• Cell Analyzer
• Cell suspension, untreated and treated to undergo apoptosis
• Disposable micropipettor tips
• Microcentrifuge tubes with screw caps, 1.5 mL
• Cell Dispersal Reagent, optional
• Vortex mixer
• 1% bovine serum albumin (BSA), 1% fetal bovine serum (FBS), or 10% normal human serum (NHS)
|Assay Protocol:||1. Culture cells, including for positive and negative controls, for appropriate time to induce apoptosis.
2. Prepare cell samples for incubation with Annexin V & Dead Cell reagent.
3. Ensure prepared cell samples contain at least 1% BSA, 1% FBS, or 10% NHS.*
4. Add 100 μL of Annexin V & Dead Cell Reagent to each tube.
5. Add 100 μL of cells** in suspension to each tube.
6. Incubate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
* Cells not resuspended in at least 1% BSA, 1% FBS, or 10% NHS should be resuspended in 1X Assay Buffer HSC. For details on resuspension buffers needed.
** Adherent cells have been validated for this assay.