|Description :||The ER (Estrogen Receptor) Alpha Competitor Assay Kit, Green, provides a sensitive and efficient method for high-throughput, fluorescence polarization-based screening of potential ER alpha ligands. The kit uses insect cell-expressed, full-length, native (untagged) human estrogen receptor alpha and a novel, high-affinity, fluorescent estrogen ligand (Fluormone ES2 Green) in a homogenous, mix-and-read assay format.
This kit produces a green color read-out; a "red" kit is also available. Both kits suitably determine the IC50s of competitive compounds. Color choice depends on the spectral properties of the compounds to be screened and the available instrumentation.
ER Alpha Competitor Assay, Green, is:
• Complete & ready-to-use out of the box—all reagents included, just add your test compounds
• High throughput compatible—800 x 20 µL fluorescence polarization assays in a 384-well plate
• Convenient—available in bulk sizes for larger screening needs
How the Assay Works
Full length ER alpha is added to a fluorescent estrogen ligand to form an ER-Fluormone ES2 complex. This complex is added to individual test compounds in multiwell plates. To determine relative affinity, the assay measures fluorescence polarization. Competing test compounds will displace the Fluormone ES2 ligand from ER alpha, permitting it to tumble rapidly and resulting in low polarization values. A shift in the fluorescence polarization value in the presence of test compound is used to determine the relative affinity of test compounds for ER alpha.
All components are manufactured under the strictest quality parameters. This product's performance, per the Certificate of Analysis, is guaranteed for 6 months after purchase.
Contact us for bulk quantities or for assistance with other nuclear receptor assay needs, from assay development to library screening and beyond.
• 2 tubes full-length ER Alpha Recombinant Protein (store at -68 to -85°C)
• 1 tube of Fluormone ES2 Green Tracer (store at -5 to -30°C)
• 1 bottle of ES2 Screening Buffer (store at -5 to -30°C)
|Size :||2,500 assays|
|Materials Required but Not Supplied :||Fluorescent Imager|
|Detection method :||Fluorescent|